HELP WANTED: Donation Page for Namecoin

indolering

HELP WANTED: Donation Page for Namecoin

Post by indolering »

We REALLY need to get a coherent donation page for Namecoin and non of the core devs have time to handle this project.

If you can code a static webpage, you can help! See this Github ticket for more info.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

signup292

Post by signup292 »

Last edited by signup292 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Kenney

Re: HELP WANTED: Donation Page for Namecoin

Post by John Kenney »

There's a Namecoin fork of Tip4Commit that a friend of mine made, once I have my hosting sorted out I'll get it online, domains registered for it already.

indolering

Re: HELP WANTED: Donation Page for Namecoin

Post by indolering »

signup292 wrote:I'm for donating at least a little, but are you talking about dot-bit or namecoin?
The dot-bit.com domain is going to be scrapped and replaced with bit.namecoin.org.
signup292 wrote: Aren't there at least a couple namecoin millionaires or 100'000-aires, or something?
You would think so, but I have yet to meet them. They certainly aren't any of the core contributors at the moment, otherwise we would have paid staff. I'm working on getting funding to pay developers to work in Namecoin, so if you meet any.

We also don't want to be overly reliant on any one funding source. We are trying to avoid many of the mistakes made when the original DNS system was setup.
There's a Namecoin fork of Tip4Commit that a friend of mine made, once I have my hosting sorted out I'll get it online, domains registered for it already.
That's great, we will be using bounty source as well, these donations will mainly be used to fund code bounties and server hosting costs.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.