Solo Mining Namecoin No Shares Accepted!

Davincij15

Solo Mining Namecoin No Shares Accepted!

Post by Davincij15 »

Hi guys I am mining bitcoins and want to solo mine name coin however when I get it up and running I have noticed that the GUIMiner shows me shares accepted when solo mining but in the command line I get no shares accepted.

I am use poclbm with all my settings for deepbit mining switch over to localhost and port 8336 and the user name and password changed but that's it. I can see it hashing but no shares accepted.

I am sure its some secret setting in the minor that's not documented like the bitcoin.conf file.

Using the guiminer and using the same settings I get shares accepted what GIVES!

Thanks

Davinci
I want to see shares accepted 1 BTC reward to the person helps me fix this.

khal
Site Admin

Re: Solo Mining Namecoin No Shares Accepted!

Post by khal »

To solo mine, you must add "server=1" in your bitcoin/namecoin config file.

When pool mining, difficulty is set to 1, so you send a lot of shares, that are used to count your participation. Only one among XXXXXXXX will be valid to create a new block.

When solo mining, difficulty is the real value, so, there is no share, but only the valid solutions for a new block.

I'm not sure to respond to your problem....
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

Davincij15

Post by Davincij15 »

khal wrote:To solo mine, you must add "server=1" in your bitcoin/namecoin config file.

When pool mining, difficulty is set to 1, so you send a lot of shares, that are used to count your participation. Only one among XXXXXXXX will be valid to create a new block.

When solo mining, difficulty is the real value, so, there is no share, but only the valid solutions for a new block.

I'm not sure to respond to your problem....
Thanks for the response Khal I am sure you are a busy guy.

Anyhow it's real simple my problem I am scared that my mining efforts are not working.

When I mind deep bit I see this...

Code: Select all

deepbit.net:8332 07/07/2011 16:29:08, cbe74e5b, accepted
deepbit.net:8332 07/07/2011 16:30:12, ddf3745b, accepted
deepbit.net:8332 07/07/2011 16:30:26, 53e2aeff, accepted
deepbit.net8332 228004 khash/s
And I see shares being accepted so I feel confident I it's all working find.

When I mine on my server running with the right settings you suggested I see this...

Code: Select all

server:8336 22004 khash/s
And no shares accepted EVER!

scary if you ask me is that correct when solo mining?
If you say yes then why does the GUIMiner show shares accepted when I do the same thing in the gui front end?

Thanks in advance

Davinci

doublec

Post by doublec »

Davincij15 wrote:scary if you ask me is that correct when solo mining?
If you say yes then why does the GUIMiner show shares accepted when I do the same thing in the gui front end?
What you see is normal. You see lots of 'accepted' with DeepBit because they are difficulty 1 shares that DeepBit is providing. GUIMiner shows shares accepted because it acts like a mini-pool and counts difficulty 1 shares. You don't see anything from your actual mining client because it's operating on full difficulty shares and it'll take a while (depending on hash rate) to find one.

Davincij15

Post by Davincij15 »

doublec wrote:
Davincij15 wrote:scary if you ask me is that correct when solo mining?
What you see is normal. You see lots of 'accepted' with DeepBit because they are difficulty 1 shares that DeepBit is providing. GUIMiner shows shares accepted because it acts like a mini-pool and counts difficulty 1 shares. You don't see anything from your actual mining client because it's operating on full difficulty shares and it'll take a while (depending on hash rate) to find one.

Thanks.

This solo mining sucks rocks I have 3 GHashs thrown at it since 3 pm yesterday its been 16 hours and no blocks found. That ain't right.

tysat

Post by tysat »

Probability Time
Average 22 hours, 13 minutes
50% 15 hours, 24 minutes
95% 2 days, 18 hours, 34 minutes

That's for 3 ghash at the current difficulty.
If I helped you out:
BTC: 1LabGXUN3rDgKpFrwG3zqh22UK11JEg5bb
NMC: N8ujgSozU4ctR2kDKiGMBVSysCtVKMGGdh

Davincij15

Post by Davincij15 »

tysat wrote:Probability Time
Average 22 hours, 13 minutes
50% 15 hours, 24 minutes
95% 2 days, 18 hours, 34 minutes

That's for 3 ghash at the current difficulty.
Thanks but I gave up can't tell if it's working or not and how much I am hashing against my solo server so I makes no sense to continue on a hope and luck.

So is there a way to tell at least how much my total hash rate is on my namecoind?

Davinci

nodemaster

Post by nodemaster »

You can install your own pushpoold https://github.com/jgarzik/pushpool. That give you a personal mini pool. Pushpoold is used by many pools and gives you difficulty 1 shares by default. With this configuration you have the same behaviour like on "big" pools on your local namecoind.
Access .bit domains with Firefox in 4 easy steps: https://masterpool.eu/proxy
MasterPool Namecoin Mining Pool

Davincij15

Re: Solo Mining Namecoin No Shares Accepted! [solved]

Post by Davincij15 »

nodemaster wrote:You can install your own pushpoold https://github.com/jgarzik/pushpool. That give you a personal mini pool. Pushpoold is used by many pools and gives you difficulty 1 shares by default. With this configuration you have the same behaviour like on "big" pools on your local namecoind.
Now that's info I can use!

Thanks.