Free Alternative Bitcoin Amsterdam Conference

chrisj

Free Alternative Bitcoin Amsterdam Conference

Post by chrisj »

Hey guys,

I am hosting a free alternative Bitcoin Conference in Amsterdam from Wednesday to Friday because the one I was previously invited to was cancelled.

I think I remember a few of you guys from from the Dam and I would like to meet the devs behind the project to see if I can lend a hand like I said I would a few months back. In terms of PR etc.

This is the parent thread in Bitcointalk
And you can signup here: https://www.eventbrite.nl/event/9158510351?ref=estw

If any of you want to do a talk you would be more than welcome. We should have a room to ourselves for two days with drinks and refreshments available for Bitcoin.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Chris

ninjarobot

Re: Free Alternative Bitcoin Amsterdam Conference

Post by ninjarobot »

Hi Chris,

Sorry I missed out on this one. I'm originally from Amsterdam (although currently living in California) and also attended the Amsterdam Bitcoin Conference back in September.

I definitely think the Namecoin community can and should do more in terms of creating awareness. Most people are still wrapping their head around the currency aspect of Bitcoin, but it will naturally follow that once that (bit)quarter has dropped interest in non-currency aspects of (alternative) blockchains like Namecoin will increase.

chrisj

Re: Free Alternative Bitcoin Amsterdam Conference

Post by chrisj »

ninjarobot wrote:Hi Chris,

Sorry I missed out on this one. I'm originally from Amsterdam (although currently living in California) and also attended the Amsterdam Bitcoin Conference back in September.

I definitely think the Namecoin community can and should do more in terms of creating awareness. Most people are still wrapping their head around the currency aspect of Bitcoin, but it will naturally follow that once that (bit)quarter has dropped interest in non-currency aspects of (alternative) blockchains like Namecoin will increase.
Yes it definitely does need more awareness and more activity on these forums with a more obvious domain name because to many people dot.bit.org doesn't make sense and it leaves them wondering whether they are in the right place.

Happy to help anytime just give me a shout.