I will do my best to get miners, what's plan B?

Davincij15

I will do my best to get miners, what's plan B?

Post by Davincij15 »

May I suggest a miner only namcoind that will reject blocks outside of a trusted group of miners pools?

I'm just throwing ideas out here any one care to chime in?

twobits

Re: I will do my best to get miners, what's plan B?

Post by twobits »

Davincij15 wrote:May I suggest a miner only namcoind that will reject blocks outside of a trusted group of miners pools?

I'm just throwing ideas out here any one care to chime in?
Get as many as possible, especially pools to upgrade to a checkpoint protected version of namcoind such as https://github.com/zamgo/namecoin/commi ... 628#diff-0 or if
they are using multicoin-exp, the latest config file ( http://exchange.beertokens.info/docs/mu ... f.namecoin ).

BitcoinEXpress

Post by BitcoinEXpress »

I would suggest setting a lock in point and quit wasting time on it. ArtForz has provided a genius idea on rolling past lock in points however. Hashing power is your only real solution at the moment. Good luck.

Davincij15

Post by Davincij15 »

BitcoinEXpress wrote:I would suggest setting a lock in point and quit wasting time on it. ArtForz has provided a genius idea on rolling past lock in points however. Hashing power is your only real solution at the moment. Good luck.
If you destroy things it means people have a right to destroy what you have as well, should they have enough power to do so.

johntobey253

Post by johntobey253 »

Davincij15 wrote: If you destroy things it means people have a right to destroy what you have as well, should they have enough power to do so.
Now, now. This kind of threat is no way to answer a good suggestion. Davinci, if you, Nodemaster, and doublec all start using a lockin-enabled client such as zamgo's we'll be much better off, and I'll put it on Abe until khal and vinced come back to their keyboards.

The attack will not erase blocks from our disks. The only long-term threat to Namecoin here is if more miners want it dead than want to merge-mine it. So let's learn from the SolidCoin spectacle and remain respectful and businesslike, shall we? We can emerge stronger thanks to BCX.

BitcoinEXpress

Post by BitcoinEXpress »

johntobey253 wrote:
Davincij15 wrote: If you destroy things it means people have a right to destroy what you have as well, should they have enough power to do so.
Now, now. This kind of threat is no way to answer a good suggestion. Davinci, if you, Nodemaster, and doublec all start using a lockin-enabled client such as zamgo's we'll be much better off, and I'll put it on Abe until khal and vinced come back to their keyboards.

The attack will not erase blocks from our disks. The only long-term threat to Namecoin here is if more miners want it dead than want to merge-mine it. So let's learn from the SolidCoin spectacle and remain respectful and businesslike, shall we? We can emerge stronger thanks to BCX.
+1000 ;)

smoothie

Post by smoothie »

Davincij15 wrote:
BitcoinEXpress wrote:I would suggest setting a lock in point and quit wasting time on it. ArtForz has provided a genius idea on rolling past lock in points however. Hashing power is your only real solution at the moment. Good luck.
If you destroy things it means people have a right to destroy what you have as well, should they have enough power to do so.

The funny thing is Davinci I don't think BitcoinEXpress equipment he is using is actually HIS.

That's the funny part. He's likely doing this attack on someone else's dime which is a douche tactic.

Also I find it funny that he tried to pin his attack/intentions on my exposing him on mining on the GG network.

Laughable.

Davincij15

Post by Davincij15 »

smoothie wrote:
Davincij15 wrote:

The funny thing is Davinci I don't think BitcoinEXpress equipment he is using is actually HIS.

That's the funny part. He's likely doing this attack on someone else's dime which is a douche tactic.

Also I find it funny that he tried to pin his attack/intentions on my exposing him on mining on the GG network.

Laughable.
With respect insults and soap opera drama discussions are not what I'm interested in. I want save namecoin not ridicule the attacker. Once we win we will have time point and laugh. :)

BitcoinEXpress

Post by BitcoinEXpress »

Funny Smoothie, what do you base your assumptions on? In a way you are correct, only 68 GH/s and possibly 75 GH/s by 19100 of the 250 GH /s that's definitely commited will be mine. I'm shocked at the number of people we turned away. It would have been right at 1000 GH /s if everyone were accepted. We only took people with more than 5 gh /s, Linux, and some coding skills.

@Davinci, what would another 50-60 GH /s do for your pool?
One of your users was kind enough to provide me with a PPS login.

Davincij15

Post by Davincij15 »

BitcoinEXpress wrote:Funny Smoothie, what do you base your assumptions on? In a way you are correct, only 68 GH/s and possibly 75 GH/s by 19100 of the 250 GH /s that's definitely commited will be mine. I'm shocked at the number of people we turned away. It would have been right at 1000 GH /s if everyone were accepted. We only took people with more than 5 gh /s, Linux, and some coding skills.

@Davinci, what would another 50-60 GH /s do for your pool?
One of your users was kind enough to provide me with a PPS login.
Evil is what evil does. I did not think people like you existed. People who would use vast amounts or resources just to destroy because they could. I have learned that crazy destructive animals such as yourself do exist and must be factored in to any product.