Why separate namespaces/TLD's for Tor/I2P are a bad idea

virtual_master

Re: Why separate namespaces/TLD's for Tor/I2P are a bad idea

Post by virtual_master »

biolizard89 wrote:
virtual_master wrote:I have spoken with somebody in RL and he was also convinced that d/ should resolve all cases.
That means that if you registered a d/example namespace entry you control with it all associated domains ?
(like example.bit, example.tor, example.i2p, example.gnu, example.ipv6, ...)
Wouldn't be to much for 0.02 NMC ?

I think we would need a new fee model with this.
(with dynamically rising network fee for more asked domains)
(Are you replying to my previous message or making a new point? I can't tell.)
It was both.
biolizard89 wrote: If you register a d/ name, you would be controlling multiple resolvers, but you would be making a guarantee that all resolvers will point to the same content. This is one reason to use .bit for all resolvers (because if I change settings to make I2P preferred over Tor resolution when it was the opposite previously, the .bit domain should load the same content, just over a different resolver). Same thing as using multiple IPv4 addresses in a domain, or both IPv4 and IPv6 addreses.
OK. You convinced me for a single d/ domain namespace.
Thanks for your argumentation.
But with different domain resolvers in the same namespace as domob proposed and all found this as a good solution.
biolizard89 wrote: I do think fees need to be reworked because 0.02 NMC is a ridiculously low price for a domain, but I don't think multiple resolvers have much to do with the fee issue.
I agree. We will discuss this point in another thread.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S