Media coverage

domob

Media coverage

Post by domob »

I think it may be interesting to try to get "media coverage" about all the new things that are happening with Namecoin - so far I have the impression that most people in the Bitcoin community don't really know about any of those. Usually, they either think Namecoin is an alt-coin like most others (i. e., without any point), or they think it is just about DNS and/or inactive anyway. So, we could try to get an "interview" about the new developments with, e. g., the Bitcoin Magazine or Bitcoin Austria's podcast (or anything else, that's just the two media I regularly read/listen to). I'm pretty sure that at least the podcast would give us gladly some time if we show interest. I don't know how they record their interviews, but at least levino was their guest once already (about the Fidor bank).

Do you think that would be a good idea? In general yes of course, but maybe we should wait still a little longer until the projects have become more mature. What do you think about this?
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

phelix

Re: Media coverage

Post by phelix »

domob wrote:I think it may be interesting to try to get "media coverage" about all the new things that are happening with Namecoin - so far I have the impression that most people in the Bitcoin community don't really know about any of those. Usually, they either think Namecoin is an alt-coin like most others (i. e., without any point), or they think it is just about DNS and/or inactive anyway. So, we could try to get an "interview" about the new developments with, e. g., the Bitcoin Magazine or Bitcoin Austria's podcast (or anything else, that's just the two media I regularly read/listen to). I'm pretty sure that at least the podcast would give us gladly some time if we show interest. I don't know how they record their interviews, but at least levino was their guest once already (about the Fidor bank).

Do you think that would be a good idea? In general yes of course, but maybe we should wait still a little longer until the projects have become more mature. What do you think about this?
Yes and yes. We even got a request for a speech at the Amsterdam conference a while ago... unfortunately so far nobody is too keen on standing in the spotlight for Namecoin. (Torren tracker Isohunt was taken down: Namecoin as a decentralized torrent tracker might be the bomb - but might also push Namecoin into a very dark grue.)
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

domob wrote:I think it may be interesting to try to get "media coverage" about all the new things that are happening with Namecoin - so far I have the impression that most people in the Bitcoin community don't really know about any of those. Usually, they either think Namecoin is an alt-coin like most others (i. e., without any point), or they think it is just about DNS and/or inactive anyway. So, we could try to get an "interview" about the new developments with, e. g., the Bitcoin Magazine or Bitcoin Austria's podcast (or anything else, that's just the two media I regularly read/listen to). I'm pretty sure that at least the podcast would give us gladly some time if we show interest. I don't know how they record their interviews, but at least levino was their guest once already (about the Fidor bank).

I'm inclined to wait for the exploit fix to be deployed. But yes, I think some good media coverage would be excellent. I'm not sure how this would be handled exactly... normally a media outlet would interview a representative of a project, however Namecoin has a large number of sub-projects (DNS, TLS, NameID, the Namecoin client itself), and these would be best handled by different people (I could talk about DNS and TLS quite well, domob could talk about NameID, snailbrain or khal or phelix could talk about the client). Ideally the media would be willing to interview all of us, not sure how realistic that is.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

May be we need something that attracts positively the media attention.
Like the Nobel prize.
Namecoin Liberty Prize
With collected and with subvention financed founds namecoins will be bought and every year 1 person will be rewarded with namecoins. A person awarded for his activity on the field of digital freedom. (not necessary a namecoiner)
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

phelix

Post by phelix »

virtual_master wrote:May be we need something that attracts positively the media attention.
Like the Nobel prize.
Namecoin Liberty Prize
With collected and with subvention financed founds namecoins will be bought and every year 1 person will be rewarded with namecoins. A person awarded for his activity on the field of digital freedom. (not necessary a namecoiner)
I completely missed this idea. It is great.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum