Push the name market ("for sale" spec?)

phelix

Push the name market ("for sale" spec?)

Post by phelix »

When someone tries to register a name but it is already taken it would be nice if the GUI (nameGUI) would inform whether it might be up for sale and how to contact the seller.

It could simply display the value of the name (with imports) but maybe we should specify how to mark a name as "for sale" and how to format contact info (maybe as in id/).
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

phelix

Re: Push the name market ("for sale" spec?)

Post by phelix »

Another idea: when opening a .bit site that does not resolve nmcontrol could locally create a website on the fly displaying the value.

ryanc

Post by ryanc »

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:Another idea: when opening a .bit site that does not resolve nmcontrol could locally create a website on the fly displaying the value.
Creating a local website would probably break a lot of software that is expecting an NXDOMAIN response. However, it probably wouldn't be hard for a Firefox extension to display this data somewhere. I'm open to the idea of adding it to my extension, if people think it's a good idea.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

yeah, I think it would be interesting to integrate atomic name trading into nameGUI
biolizard89 wrote:
phelix wrote:Another idea: when opening a .bit site that does not resolve nmcontrol could locally create a website on the fly displaying the value.
Creating a local website would probably break a lot of software that is expecting an NXDOMAIN response. However, it probably wouldn't be hard for a Firefox extension to display this data somewhere. I'm open to the idea of adding it to my extension, if people think it's a good idea.
As an alternative one could also open the info website in a new window.